|Food Issues - Local|
(links open a new window)
In Local News
* 2013/05/17: Red tide remains in Zambo, Misamis waters: BFAR warns that shellfish and alamang are not safe for human consumption.
* 2012/10/12: Agricultural food safety forum held - The Department of Agriculture-Bureau of Agriculture and Fisheries Product Standards (DA-BAFPS) held the “Farmer-Consolidators-Supermarket Forum: Ensuring Food Safety Along the Supply Chain” focusing on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) on Oct. 10, 2012.
* 2012/10/11: LGU rules out 'sabotage' in food poisoning in Makilala - Local government officials deny that the food poisoning outbreak during the Sinabadan Festival was intentional in order to spoil the festivities and embarrass the town mayor.
* 2012/10/10: Food poisoning downs 100 fun run participants in Cotobato - Participants in a fun run activity during the 2nd Sinabadan Festival were struck with food poisoning possible from a chicken dish that was distributed during the activity.
* 2012/10/03: DA-10 Conducts agricultural food safety forum - Bringing together players along the food supply chain, the Department of Agriculture (DA)-Region 10 is initiating today, the conduct of a “Farmers-Consolidators-Supermarket Forum: Ensuring Food Safety along the Supply Chain”
* 2012/09/26: House approves Food Safety Act of 2012 - The House of Representatives has approved on third reading a bill strengthening the food safety regulatory system in the country to protect consumer health and facilitate market access of local foods and food products.
* 2012/03/16: Pesticides residues
* 2012/03/16: Customs Seizes P23-M Misdeclared Goods
* 2012/03/12: Local pork unsafe, importers say
* 2012/03/12: FrieslandCampina invests in Philippines' Alaska Milk
* 2012/03/06: Manila acts to resolve trade tiff with US
* 2012/03/06: Other items pushed in extended rice quota deal
* 2012/02/27: DA eyes coco sugar for $1B alternative sweetener market
* 2012/01/31: EU extending P2-B grant for various projects
* 2012/01/31: Scientists, farmers protest vs manual on GMOs
* 2012/01/30: Groups set to improve health care
* 2012/01/30: System to upgrade standards
* 2012/01/29: Ginebra acquires bottling firm
* 2012/01/27: Lake Authority raids ham factory
* 2012/01/27: Laguna Lake penalize McDonald's
* 2011/11/29: "Dirty" QC meat shops raided
* 2011/11/23: Contaminated meat seized in QC
* 2011/11/23: Filthy chicken slaughterhouses in QC raided
* 2011/10/28: Celebrating Food Safety Awareness Week
* 2011/10/28: October is Consumer Welfare month
* 2011/10/19: Food safety plan
* 2011/10/17: Diseases from unsafe food spreading - WHO
* 2011/10/12: Consumer Welfare month
* 2011/10/11: DOST food safety team get certification
* 2011/09/12: DA allocates P45M for BFAR facilities in Soccsksargen
* 2011/08/28: Food safety act "long overdue"
* 2011/08/25: NBI raids jelly factory using 'magic sugar'
* 2011/08/23: Supermarket chains are killing palengkes - DTI
1. Food Safety Management documentation for a large scale commercial processor.
2. Development of a Food Security Program for a high level processor.
3. New Product Development: We are currently developing sugar-free product versions of an existing product line for one of our exporting clients.View more projects...